Oats are one of the most nutritious whole-grain foods and the perfect pre-running breakfast! I have oatmeal almost every morning, so to not get bored I add different toppings.
- 5 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ apple
- 1 tbsp almond/peanut/hazelnut butter or tahini
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
How to make them
- Place 1 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil in a skillet.
- Cut the apple into small cubes and put them in the skillet until roasted.
- Toss the apple cubes with cinnamon, add the oats and stir.
- Stir in the almond milk (or water) and bring to a boil in a medium heat until oats are of desired texture.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and top it with almond or any nut butter. Enjoy!